Website Sleep.8 UK
About the role
As our new warehouse operative, you’ll work within the ambient, chilled, and frozen sections of our warehouse. Reporting to the warehouse supervisor, you’ll work to make sure our stores get what they need on time and that online orders are picked for delivery quickly and efficiently.
- Assisting with the loading and unloading of vehicles using manual handling techniques
- Moving and storing products in the correct warehouse area
- Processing, picking, and packing orders in a timely manner, working to targets
- Ensuring all products are arranged and free from damage and reporting any discrepancies
- Using our computer systems to upkeep necessary records and reports
- Cleaning and maintaining warehouse equipment to set standards
- Moving pallets using a forklift truck (training provided if necessary)
- Consistently working to good standards of health and safety and meeting company warehouse standards and procedures
Location & commitments
This is a demanding role that requires lifting and moving heavy items and covering a large warehouse on foot — so several miles can be done each day!
Based at our warehouse on an industrial park in Beckton East London
Schedule: Monday to Saturday – 7/8am start – 40hours – 8h Min Pay
Permanent contract – £15/h – warehouse pot to share £10 per delivery average £130 per staff
Able to meet the physical demands of the role
Able to work in a fast-paced and target-driven environment
A flexible attitude to work and hours
Good all-round communication skills
Previous experience within a furniture warehouse environment
Previous manual handling training or experience
Forklift/counterbalance license and experience
To apply for this job email your details to Uk.email@example.com.